Electrical Safety During the Holidays
As the holiday season is upon us, it is important to remember a few tips to maintain electrical safety during the most wonderful time of the year. Below are a few tips to keep in mind.
1. Inspect all of your holiday lights. To prevent accidental fires, throw out any strands of lights that have frayed cords. Also, replace any broken or cracked bulbs.
2. Use only UL - Listed lights and extension cords.
3. Do not overload electrical sockets, extension cords or power strips.
4. It is never a good idea to plug an extension cord into a power strip.
5. When hanging electrical decorations and lights, it is best to use a wooden or fiberglass ladder rather than a metal one for your own safety.
6. Always turn off holiday lights before leaving the house or going to bed.